Laser Projector Near Field Calibration
The Laser projector system is based on a Galvo-Scanner Unit. The Galvo-Scanner unit deflects a Laser beam in two angles. A calibrated Laser-Projector system can project Laser beam to desired XYZ co-ordinates.
- The calibration board used is very huge and not portable (6mx6m).
- The time required to calibrate projector can lasts from minutes to hours.
- Human intervention to a larger extent which effects accuracy and delays the calibration time.
- Benison proposed Near Field Calibration procedure which reduced the calibration board size from 6mx6m to 1mx1m.
- The calibration time got reduced significantly from hours to maximum few minutes.
- Human intervention is reduced to almost zero and is replaced with 2 calibrated cameras which enhances the calibration procedure and improves accuracy to a very large extent.
Advantage to Client
- Portable calibration board which can be setup anywhere even outdoors.
- Quick calibration which lasts for less than half an hour
- Automated procedure which requires no human intervention for calibration process. Only setup has to be done manually.